- Introducing CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
- Terms and Definitions
- Backup Plugin
- Even Scheduler Plugin
- Folders Plugin
- Folders Plus Plugin
- Label Throttle Build Plugin
- Fast Archiver Plugin
- Role-Based Access Control Plugin
- Concepts and Definitions
- Setting up the Role-Based Access Control plugin
- Example Configurations
- Scripting RBAC. CLI commands
- REST API in RBAC plugin
- Skip Next Build Plugin
- Template Plugin
- Tutorial: Hello world builder
- Tutorial: job template
- Attribute Type Reference
- Builder Template
- Publisher Template
- Job Templates
- Folders Template
- Auxiliary Template
- Templates Defined in Folders
- Transformer Reference
- Template Security
- Advanced Template Techniques
- Scripting Templates
- Miscellaneous features
- Validated Merge Plugin
- Access Control
- Reusing a job between CI and validated merge
- Dealing with post-build push failure
- Refs in the gate repository
- VMWare Pool Auto-Scaling Plugin
- Plugin Usage Plugin
- Wikitext Security Plugin
- Secure Copy Plugin
- High Availability
- Components of CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise HA
- Fail-over behavior in more details
- Sanity checking the environment while acting as primary
- Requirements from the environment
- Troubleshooting and Tips
- Pipeline Plugin Suite
- Restarting Aborted Builds Plugin
- Long-Running Build Plugin
- Nodes Plus Plugin
- Support Plugin
- Consolidated Build View Plugin
- Quiet Start Plugin
- NIO SSH Slaves Plugin
- Monitoring Plugin
- Pull-Request Builder for GitHub Plugin
- Visual Studio Team Services Plugin
- Setting up Visual Studio Team Services Web Hook
- Creating a Multi Branch job
- Docker Pipeline Plugin
- CloudBees Docker Build and Publish plugin
- Docker Hub Notification Trigger Plugin
- CloudBees Docker Traceability
- Microsoft Azure CLI Plugin
- AWS CLI Plugin
- Amazon Web Services Elastic Beanstalk
- Cloud Foundry CLI Plugin
- OpenShift CLI Plugin
- CloudBees Bitbucket Branch Source Plugin
- GitHub Branch Source Plugin
Introducing CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise (CJE) is CloudBees’ commercial version of Jenkins. CJE provides a number of plugins that help organizations address three main problem areas, described below. Additionally, with CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise, Jenkins users are provided with a stable release and frequent patches.
See release-notes.cloudbees.com for the change log.
The three main areas that CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise helps Jenkins users in are:
Large Install Plugins
CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise helps administrators manage large numbers of jobs, projects and teams. The plugins that help with large installation problems are:
Folders help to create hierarchies or custom taxonomies to better manage large numbers of jobs
Capture “sameness” of configuration information in one place that is propagated
Backup Scheduling Plugin
Use Jenkins to backup Jenkins. No more cron jobs or error-prone custom scripts.
Plugin Usage Plugin
Helps determine which plugins are in use by which jobs.
Optimized Utilization Plugins
CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise helps administrators make better use of existing resources with the following plugins:
VMware ESXi/vSphere Auto-Scaling Plugin
Make better use of existing VMWare resources by using machines in VMWare pools as slaves.
Label Throttle Build Execution Plugin
Define the bare-metal limits for VMs being used as slaves. This helps in faster runs when multiple builds are running multiple VMs on a single bare-metal machine.
Even Load Strategy Plugin
Change the default slave allocation algorithm of Jenkins to go to allocate jobs to free machines.
Skip Next Build Plugin
Stop running builds if there are known errors that are being fixed.
CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise helps administrators secure their projects and their installations with the following plugins:
Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) Plugin
Setup sophisticated authorization policies to manage Jenkins
WikiText Descriptions Plugin
Prevent potential XSS attacks due to HTML descriptions in Jenkins
Secure Copy Plugin
Allow controlled and targeted sharing of artifacts between Jenkins jobs either on different Jenkins instances or within the same Jenkins instance.
Folders Plus Plugin
Permits slave permissions to be associated with folders.
Online version published by CloudBees, Inc.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Apache, Apache Ant, Apache Maven, Ant and Maven are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. Used with permission. No endorsement by The Apache Software Foundation is implied by the use of these marks.
Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Many of the designations used by manufacturers and sellers to distinguish their products are claimed as trademarks. Where those designations appear in this book, and CloudBees was aware of a trademark claim, the designations have been printed in caps or initial caps.
While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this book, the publisher and authors assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.